01983 641 143
The Bay Boutique Bed & Breakfast Electric-
Conditions of Hire
Whilst our public liability insurance will cover you for any injury or damage you may cause to other people or property when using our bikes, you remain liable for any damage to, or theft of the bike and all accessories. You are required to leave credit or debit card details in lieu of a deposit.
1. In the event of the bike or any accessories being stolen or lost, The Bay Boutique Bed and Breakfast reserves the right to be reimbursed by the client for the replacement price.
2. To prevent theft, each electric-
3. Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Anybody riding an electric-
Bikes and Accessories
1. The equipment, including all the accessories supplied, is let out on hire. It remains the property of The Bay Boutique Bed and Breakfast and the client will not sell, hire out or otherwise part with it.
2. A helmet is provided. If you choose to decline the helmet provided, or not wear it, you will be deemed to have accepted full responsibility for this decision.
3. The Client must not misuse the equipment and accessories and return everything in the same condition as received. If misused, The Bay Boutique Bed and Breakfast will be entitled to charge the client for any damages caused during the period of use.
4. In the event of a genuine breakdown, not one caused by the client’s misuse, The Bay Boutique Bed and Breakfast will try its best to repair or replace the equipment for the client. All breakdowns should be reported immediately to The Bay Boutique Bed and Breakfast.
5. The electric-
6. All clients hiring electric-
We recommend that you take out adequate insurance including medical cover, personal accident, loss of belongings & cancellation cover. We cannot be held responsible for your own illness, injury or loss/damage of your belongings while using our electric-
We regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance of The Bay Boutique Bed and Breakfast’s contractual obligations is prevented by reasons of circumstances amounting to “force majeure” (war, threat of war, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions, epidemics or health risks) and all similar events outside our control.
Changes and cancellations made by us
We will endeavour to ensure that hiring of equipment occurs as scheduled. However, we reserve the right to cancel, amend or alter your hire period date at any time. Where this is necessary, you will be offered an alternative hire date or a full refund on your booking. Unfortunately we cannot compensate you for the cost of travel or accommodation you may have arranged in connection with your hire.
By hiring our electric-
If you leave the bike/s unattended, you will lock it/them through the frame and one wheel to a secure object, using the lock/s provided.
You will keep to paved roads and dedicated off-
You will not ride on beaches, through sand or deep water (e.g. fords) because this can damage the motor.
You will use the bike in a responsible way, keeping to the rules of the road.
You will not engage in racing, pace-
You will not lend the bike to anyone.
You will bring the bike back by the time agreed.
You will report any problems or damage to The Bay Boutique Bed and Breakfast.
You accept liability for any prosecution or claim arising from your actions during the period of hire.
You acknowledge that taking part in this activity involves certain inherent risks that might result in injury or loss to you, your party or others, including but not limited to: inclement weather, rough conditions, navigational difficulties, collisions, hypothermia, illness and accidents in remote places.
You accept sole responsibility for your own safety and the safety of others in your party.
The use of helmets is not a legal requirement but we recommend them for your safety and one will be provided with each bike. Helmets are included in the price of hire.
The bikes are only for use on the Isle of Wight and must not be taken off the Island.
You will monitor the condition of the battery and make sure you do not go too far to be able to get back to The Bay Boutique Bad and Breakfast.
You take responsibility for your party and for the number of bikes hired. Please make sure that all parties in your group understand these conditions of hire.
The Bay Boutique Bed and Breakfast reserves the right immediately to terminate hire should these conditions be broken.
Bicycles and equipment remain the property of The Bay Boutique Bed and Breakfast.
Please bring the bikes back on time and please bear in mind other people may be waiting for the bikes that you are riding.
If you know you have a problem and will not be back in time please call to inform us.
The late return of a bike will incur an additional charge.
Always lock the bike/s if you leave it/them. Be aware that you are responsible for the bike/s and equipment and will be liable for any loss or damage to them.
Bikes will be checked prior to hire and details recorded on the hire agreement form. Please check your bicycle for damage and scratches before you leave The Bay Boutique Bed and Breakfast and ask for any pre-
The Bay Boutique Bed and Breakfast reserves the right to claim any losses should a bicycle be returned in a damaged or unreasonable condition. This does not apply in case of a fault with the bicycle which is considered to be the result of fair wear and tear.
Your credit/debit card details will be taken at the time of hire. By signing the hire agreement you consent to The Bay Boutique Bed and Breakfast charging the cost of any such loss or damage to your credit or debit card. At the end of the hire period credit/debit card details will be destroyed of not needed.
In the event of a breakdown, please contact The Bay Boutique Bed and Breakfast who will assist you.